3D Graphics Support
The molecule viewer in the CLC Genomics Workbench and CLC Main Workbench use hardware accelerated 3D drawing.
This page describes the system requirements and recommendations for working with 3D molecular graphics.
- A graphics card capable of supporting OpenGL 2.0.
- Updated graphics drivers. Please make sure the latest driver for the graphics card is installed.
- A discrete graphics card from either Nvidia or AMD/ATI. Modern integrated graphics cards (such as the Intel HD Graphics series) may also be used, but these are usually slower than the discrete cards.
If OpenGL errors are encountered the most likely reason is that the graphics card drivers are not up-to-date.
Please try the following:
- Update the graphics card drivers.
- If the problem persists, it is possible to switch to a more compliant (OpenGL 1.1 based) rendering mode: To change the graphics mode, go to ‘Edit’ in the application menu bar, select ‘Preferences’, click on ‘View’, scroll down to the bottom and find ‘Molecule Project 3D Editor’ and uncheck the box ‘Use modern OpenGL rendering’.
- Contact CLC bio support: go to ‘Help’ in the application menu, and choose ‘Contact Support…’.